Friday, August 19, 2005

So You Like to Fish

So, I hear you like to fish. Well so does my friend Eliot. Only he probably likes to fish a whole lot more then you do. Honestly, that's all the guy fricking talks about with the exception of his wife and kids. But really, he likes fish, a lot, it ways that I don't understand, don't pretend to understand, and hope on my mothers grave (which does not exist yet) that I never do understand.

Eliot, God bless his soul, has a dream. That dream is to build drift boats. Not just any kind of half butt drift boat, but the best darn drift boat that anybody has ever seen. A drift boat that if God decided, in His infinite wisdom, to go fishing He would chose this boat. And by God, Eliot has made this boat. This boat goes beyond the wildest dreams of any drift boat fishier. It is everything that they could have hoped for and more. His divine dream is realized with Fin Chasers and the heavenly boat he has built. (See more at www.finchasers.com)

Now, due to a fortunate encounter, I had an opportunity to interview Eliot about Fin Chasers and his drift boat.

Yetep: So Eliot, you like to fish?

Eliot: Yetep, I love fishing just below my family and God. Dr. Bott finishes a close fourth. I have seriously considered putting in a stocked pond in my living room so that I could fish every day and still spend time with my family.

Yetep: A stocked pond in your living room? That seems like it's the best idea the world has ever heard.

Eliot: It is.

Yetep: Now tell me about this drift boat that you have created.

Eliot: Well pretty much it's the sweetest drift boat that you will ever see. Your typical drift boat is a crapy boat that the lowest biding contractor has built, cutting all kinds of corners to make a quick buck. Often times those drift boats don't even have hulls! My drift boat not only has a hull, but it has all kinds of things that make drift boat fishing the greatest experience of you drift boat fishing life. We have plush seats that move up and down the boat, and these seats have beer holders. Fricking beer holders! We spared no expense. There is even an iPod installed so that you can listen to No Doubt while you are having the greatest drift boating experience of your life.

Yetep: Sounds like you built the best boat man has ever seen

Eliot: I have.

Yetep: So now for a hard question. Why isn’t your website done yet?

Eliot: I’m lazy.

Yetep: O.K. talk about Fin Chasers

Eliot: It’s like Tail Chasers, but it’s Fin Chasers. We are looking for the finest piece of Fin that you can get. And to do that you need the pimpest drift boat that money can buy. That’s were I come in.

Yetep: You will probably win a Nobel Prize for this.

Eliot: Your right I will.

Yetep: Thanks for your time on this.

Eliot: That will be fifty bucks and bring me a diet Coke.

1 comment:

DSBAEHLER said...

Divine Yetep. Your article about FinChasers was sooo good it made me cry. How do you do it? I mean, the emotion that flowed in and out of your interview was amazing. You make Barbara Walters look like a cheap $2 whore. And then there's FinChasers! Fishing in your living room? This guy is way ahead of anyone in the industry. What vision that guy has. Well, my eyes are now dry and I need to take a dump, so keep up the good work and God bless you Divine Yetep!!!